Today’s message is not to judge or condemn anybody. It is to win back our hearts to God because as a people we have gone away from and forgotten God.
After the deliverance of Israel from the shadow of death, they abandoned God, their deliverer. They started walking after vanity and became vain (Jer. 2:5).
Let us be honest, since you turned away from God and started pursuing vain things of the world (lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and pride of life), what profit have they brought you.
But God is pleading with you to return to Him (Jer. 2:9).
Hymn 682: I Hear the Call of the Lamb.
1st Lesson (Jer. 2:1-13)
God says I should ask you:
- Did you remember the happy times when you first joined this Church?. When you accepted Jesus.
- How you burned with zeal, gratitude, confidence and faithfulness.
- When you were holy and sanctified for God.
- When you dared not commit sin.
- When God was sufficient for you.
If you have forgotten the time, God remembers the warmth of your affection (God’s deliverance, victory, protection and blessings). The joy of your first love was precious to God (Jer. 2:1-3).
God says I should ask you what sin did He commit against you that you have decided to change your glory to what does not profit (Jer. 2:11). God is your glory.
10 Sins of Backsliding.
A backslider is someone who once walked in the way of God but has now turned against God and is overcome by sin and satan. It is turning away from God to serve other gods (Idols).
- Gone far from God (v5).
- Gratifying the flesh – Gal.5:19-21).
- Walked after vanity, charms, beauty (Pro. 31:30).
- Became vain (pursuing money and pleasure Ecc.5:10).
- Not inquiring after God (v6). null
- Defiled the land (v7).
- Make God’s heritage an abomination.
- Priest who did not inquire after God.
- Pastors who transgressed.
- Prophets who prophesied by Baal (v8).
- All walked after unprofitable things.
CCC Hymn 283: O Hearken all ye people.
2nd Lesson (Rev. 20: 1-15).
Today, you must choose between God and Satan and Jesus and the world (1 John 2:15-17). Whatever choice you make, note that there are consequences and rewards.
Don’t choose Satan.
- Satan shall be bound for a 1000 years (Rev. 20:1-2).
- Those who choose God and reject Satan will live and reign with Christ a 1000 years (Rev. 20:4;6).
- They shall take part in the 1st resurrection.
- Their names shall be written in the Book of Life.
- The 2nd death shall have no power on them.
After a 1000 years Satan shall be loosed out of prison (v7).
- Those who choose Satan shall be deceived.
- They will be cast into the lake of fire and brimstone.
- They shall be tormented for ever (10).
- They shall suffer the 2nd death (v14).
- They will be cast into the lake of fire (v15)
This is the conclusion of the matter:
Choose Jesus by seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, All the things you require for a godly life shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:32-33).
The world will not be judged without first having been loved by God (John 3:16-17). The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him (John 3:35-36).