Enemies are rejoicing as a result of your difficulties and problems. They are reproaching and mocking you.
Unfortunately, due to your small faith, you have become discouraged (weary and faint). You’re saying, God has forgotten me (Is.49:13-16).
I have wonderful news for you. It does not matter what your condition or situation is. Whether you are a sinner, sick or poor, if you turn and come to God today, obey and serve Him, God will restore all that you have lost and give you everlasting joy (Oba.1:17).
- God has promised to have mercy on you (Rom.9:15-16)
- Turn your reproach to glory and your sorrows to joy (Is. 60:15)
- All you need to do is obey and serve God (Is.1:19; Job 36:11).
CCC Hymn 878: Hallelujah our joy cometh.
1st Lesson (Ez. 36:1-13)
God asks Pro. Ezekiel to prophesy unto the mountains of Israel. That He will avenge Israel of her enemies and restore her prosperity (v1-2; 7-8).
Israel suffered in the hands of her enemies because of iniquities (Ez.39:22-24). But God is merciful and decided to restore her to the land and bless her (Ez.39:25-26).
The Mountains, Hills, Rivers and Valleys represent the land of Israel (Deut.11:11-12). Spiritually, they stand for your possessions, provisions and inheritance (v6).
What the enemies have done.
- They made the land desolate.
- Grabbed the ancient places.
- Defiled the high places.
The people become victims and are mocked by the enemies.
- Talked evil of the people (vv2-4)
- They blasphemed God through you (Rom.2:24).
God, out of His jealous anger will no longer allow the nations (enemies) to insult and heap scorn upon the inheritance of His people (v5).
- Surely, all your enemies round about you shall bear their shame (vv6-7).
- And your possessions, provisions and inheritance shall shoot forth, increase and be fruitful (v11).
CCC Hymn 908: If the whole world rise against us.
2nd Lesson (Matt. 7:15-29).
In the conclusion of Christ’s Sermon on the Mount, Jesus teaches us important lessons on how to recover our true inheritance (Kingdom of God).
What God demands of us.
- To beware of hypocrites. You will know them by their fruits (vv15-16).
- Don’t be like them. Bear good fruits. These are our outward actions: love, joy, peace, patience, faithfulness, goodness, gentleness, kindness and self- control (vv18-19; Gal.5:22-23). null
- No person merely professing faith in Jesus and His atoning work will be saved “but he that doeth the will of my Father” (v21).
- A man cannot be a saint and a sinner at the same time (vv22-23; Rom.6:16-23; 8:13).
- Be wise; obey God’s Word (v24). Don’t be foolish (v26-27; Job 28:28; Ps.14:1).
- Be established on the rock of faith in Jesus Christ (Heb.11.1; 6; Rom.10:17; Matt.17:20).
God’s assurances for you.
The fall of a man is not the end of his life. Your difficulties and problems are temptations (1Cor.10:13).
- Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down; for Jehovah upholds him with His hand (Psa. 37:24).
- Rejoice not against me, oh mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise, when I sit in darkness, Jehovah will be a light unto me (Micah 7:8).
- Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But Jehovah delivers him out of them all (Psa. 34:19)
- Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning (Psa. 30:5).
- For the righteous man falls seven times, and rises up again; but the wicked are overthrown by calamity (Pro.24:16).
CCC Hymn 544: Let’s hold the pillar of the Lord Jesus.
Let me conclude by reminding us that:
- Obedience and complete trust in the Lord Jesus Christ are the guarantees of supernatural breakthrough and salvation (John 3:16-17).
- At the edge of great breakthroughs, there are many adversaries (1 Cor.16:9).
- But God is faithful, trust Him (Ps. 91:1; 125:1).
- Jesus has been highly exalted and given a name above all names. At the mention of His name every knee shall bow (Phil. 2:9-11).