Many people are suffering, grumbling and murmuring because they have turned away from God and lost their glory as a result of sin (Romans 3:23)
But if you truly turn to God and trust completely in Him, God has promised us Divine Visitation; Divine Restoration and Divine Settlement (Rom. 8:28-31).
We are serving a covenant making God
- He will never break His covenant (Ps.89:34).
- He is not man that He should lie (Num. 23:19).
- Magnifies His Word above all His names (Ps. 138:2).
When God is with us:
- We receive all His benefits (Ps. 103:1-7).
- The plans of the enemies come to naught in our lives (Is. 8:10; 54:15-17).
- God protects us on every side (Ps.125:1-2).
- Our reproach turns to glory and our sorrows to joy (Is. 60:15).
- God gives us supernatural abundance (Deut. 6:10-11)
Hymn 305: Children of Holy Celestial.
Life of Joseph (Gen. 37:5-10; 23-28)
Joseph was hated by his brothers because of the plans and promises of God for his life. As a result his brothers took counsel together:
- They decided to kill him;
- Stripped him of his garment (symbol of glory, beauty and honour);
- Threw him in the pit (death/ terminate his glory);
- Sold him to the Ishmaelite and Midianite for twenty pieces of silver (slavery).
- And they brought Joseph into Egypt (bondage).
Hymn 908: If the whole world rise against us.
There is somebody here; God has pre-destined you for greatness. But you are suffering now because of family problems. Joseph son Rachel was sold by the children of his father’s wives, Leah, Bilhah and Zilpah (Gen.35:23-26).
- He was bought and resold to the descendants of the concubines of his great grandfather, Abraham (Gen. 37:28).
- The Ishmael/Ishmaelite, the son of Abraham and Hagar and the Midian/Midianite, the son of Abraham and Keturah (Gen 25:1).
You will pray against that all manipulators of your glory. Ask the fire of God to destroy their evil plans.
Hymn 537: Fear not in the arms of the Lord Jesus.
Get Ready for Battle
Whenever God makes you a promise, get ready to battle. The bigger your promise, the greater your problems. How you respond to the problems will determine how quickly you overcome and receive the provisions that God has promised.
Principles of Supernatural Breakthrough
God’s promises are obtained through obedience(listening to His voice and obeying His commands (Deut. 28:1-2; Jos. 1:8).
- Salvation is a promise (John 3:16-17).
- Holy Spirit is a promise (Gal. 3:13-14)
- Healing is a promise (Ex. 15:26)
- Victory is a promise (Deut. 28:7; Ps 91:7-9)
- Protection is a promise (Ps 91:1-2; Ps 125:1-2)
- Prosperity is a promise (Is.1:19, Job 36:11)
God’s promises are activated by faith (Heb. 11:1; 6; Rom. 10:17; Matt. 17:20).
When God makes you a promise, expects devil’s problems.
Every problem has a purpose
- Causes us to trust God (Ps.20:7-8; Ps. 118:8-9).
- Put us to test, whether or not we will hear Him and obey Him (Ex. 15:25; 16:4)
- Forces us to pray (Is. 26:16-17; James 5:13 -16).
Every problem has a promise
- Many are the afflictions of the righteous but God delivers him out of them all (Ps. 34:19).
- Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning (Ps. 30:5).
- No temptation has taken you, because God is faithful (1 Cor. 10:13)
It is when God solves your problems that you can take possession of His provisions (Is. 8:10; 54:15-17).
Every provision of God comes to you through His promise. These are the provisions of God for you (Ps. 103:1-7; 3 John 2).
Your ability to receive the provisions that God has promised depends on how obedient you are to God’s Word (Heb. 6:11-15).
CCC Hymn 407: Come be with us.
God was with Joseph (Gen.39)
Let me show you what happened to Joseph in Egypt because God was with him.
- In Egypt, God was with Joseph and he was blessed (v1-5)
- Portiphar’s wife tempted him and wrongly implicated him. He did not sin (v9)
- Joseph’s master sent him to prison for no just cause but God remembered Joseph (v20).In the prison, he prospered and everything associated with him (v21-23).
- Joseph moved from prison to the palace because the Spirit of God was with him (Gen. 41:38-41).
It is only when we have Jesus that God is with us
“Behold a virgin shall be with a child, and shall bring forth a son and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us” (Matt 1:23). That son was JESUS (v25).
Jesus came into the world to:
- Save His people from sin (Matt. 1:20-21)
- Grant us mercy (Rom. 9:15 – 16)
- Give us eternal life (1 Timothy 1: 15 – 16)
Come to Jesus
This is the conclusion of the matter, come to God today, trust completely in the Lord Jesus Christ, give your life to Him and He will empower you for supernatural breakthrough.